onsdag 26. desember 2007

Shopping Day

 
Today has been the big shopping day.
 
First of all I have had a VERY bad night. I had major stomach problems and turned around in bed a 1000 times, ran to the bathroom, froze, sweat and felt terrible. I finally fell asleep at 4 am and woke up again when Yasmin smiled at me at 7.30 am. I still felt terrible and so I decided to NOT go to the silk factory (everybody who knows me, knows that this was a hard decision for me). Max and I stayed home while Ole and Carina went to the silk factory together with the rest of our group. They came back with a lovely chinese dress for Yasmin - that was soo sweet.
 
Since I promised Carina we would go out for shopping today, I took my bunch of German pills and we all went to the silk market, a big indoor shopping center where you have to bargain. You have two of them in Beijing, The Hongquiao Market next to the Temple of Heaven and the Xiu Shui, the former Silk Alley which now moved indoors. When I first visited Beijing, 3 years ago, I went to the Hongquiao market (also called Peal Market or Rainbow Market) and was amazed. Now we went to Xui Shui and it was more one could expect. Really. My could symptoms where blown away in a minute and Carina, Max and I went almost bananas. Even Ole bought himself 2 jackets and a pair of shoes. He loved to bargain and got his stuff for almost nothing. Since this was soo fun, we decided to go again tomorrow.  When we showed what we had bought to the rest of the group several, of them decided to join us tomorrow. Xui Shui has 5 floors, but we just made it to the 2nd. There is one booth next to another and you can get everything, shoes, jackets, pearls, jewelry, bags, suitcases, you name it....
 
Unfortunately we did NOT bring the camera, so we can't show you how fun it was. I have to remember it for tomorrow.
 
If the brands are original brand- we don't know. Some might be, some not. Max got himself a nice Tag Heuer watch for kr 100,- - surely not real.
 
After this shopping trip we all needed some rest. Max and I played with Yasmin and gave her a bath. Ole and Carina went to a acrobatic show in downtown Beijing.
 
I enclose some bathing pictures of Yasmin.
 
Tomorrow is our last day. We will visit the Forbidden City.
 
We wish you a lovely day.
 
     
The Hallgren Five
 
 
 


Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! MSN Messenger

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Na auf jeden Fall ein erfolgreicher Tag nach der miesen Nacht. Du arme Mutter von Dreien.
Wir wünschen Euch einen tollen letzten Tag aus Schlüchtern.

Ganz liebe grüße
Moma und Ulli