tirsdag 18. desember 2007

Our First Day Together

Today was our first complete day together and it was a wonderful day.
 
Yasmin woke up smiling, had a big breakfast and then we went off to the registration office to complete part two of the adoption process (or is it actually part 2002). A footprint of her was taken and a photo together with dad and mom (that's me :-)). Again we met the director and co-director of her orphanage and they where so happy to see her. They told us they really liked her a lot. Since she was so comfortable with both of them I did not mind having them play with her. It took about one hour and we were finished at the office. We waved our final goodbye and promised we would send photos via internet to the directors.
 
In the afternoon Yasmin and I went shopping. She sat in the stroller for the first time and loved it. She was singing and talking in her baby language and smiled at people. She really is a very friendly child. Quiet, friendly and almost always smiling. She only cries when I put her to bed.
 
But I clearly see she is looking for me or Ole. She loves Ole. Every time she sees him she smiles and acts very happy. When I am not around she is looking for me too.
 
Yasmin can sit, crawl and stand when holding on to something. She can not walk by herself, only with our help. She likes playing with us, then she giggles and has fun. She also plays alone with her toys. For the moment she prefers the two pacifiers she got from us.
 
In the evening we went out for dinner again and I really have to say she LOVES food. She eats about everything we give her to try and obviously enjoys eating. BUT, she does not like to drink. At least not from a bottle. She only drinks from a cup and this takes ages. One sip at a time with half of it out of the mouth again....I have no idea how I shall teach her to drink from a bottle or drink with a straw like most 1 year olds do here in China. She does not like a sip-cup either. How shall I get this little princess to drink??
 
Now she is in bed. She cried a little at first but now she is making her funny little noises saying "hey..I am here"..... it's so cute....so I guess we have to take her up again. We will start with "rules" when we are back home.
 
So dear friends. It's time for ME to get to bed, even if it's only 9pm. I am soo tired today. Must be the Chinese air......
 
Thank you so much for all your nice and warm comments. I read them out loud to the family and we all do enjoy them very much. Nice to know that you are following along our journey.
 
Good night from Wuhan
OLE, BEATE, CARINA and MAX
 
Oh, before I forget.....the pictures:
 
 
1. This is our guide GRANT. He probably does have a Chinese name too, but every Chinese does make up an "American" name for themselves as well. So he is Grant, a young, very nice gentleman who just married in june. He studied tourism and now he works with adoption families coming to Wuhan. He picks us up, takes us around to adoption offices or for sightseeing, for Chinese restaurants and answers all our questions. What would we do without him?? Along with im comes a mini bus and a driver.. :-)
 
2. Our two youngest children (hehe, how does this sound...). Max is really caring for Yasmin. Here in the bus on our way to the registration office. Yasmin fell asleep on Max's lap......
 
3. Yasmin's footprint is taken at the registration office.
 
4. Yasmin's first time in a stroller. Yasmin and mommy went out shopping baby cloths.
 
5. At the hairdresser "Chez Carina". A skeptical Yasmin....
 
6. She turned to Ole.....Am I cute or what?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! MSN Messenger

6 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Den ganzen Tag hab ich auf DIESE Bilder gewartet. Ich weiss inzwischen wieviele Zähne sie hat und wo sie Speckfalten hat. Frage mich auch, was sie an ihrem rechten Unterarm für rote Stellen hat.....Ihr seht, ich freue mich und lerne viel über meine kleine Nichte.

Kussie, Hacki

Anonym sa...

Und ich hab auch schon gewartet!!!
Ich weiß zwar nicht, wieviele Zähne sie hat, aber ich finde sie sooooooo schnuckelig (mit der coolen Mütze).

Kussie, Ulli

PS. MEINE Nichte!

Anonym sa...

Kleine Knuddelpuppe für Max--sooooo
süß, ist schon richtig wie eine kleine Norwegerin angezogen und dazu noch diese tolle Frisur.
Weiter so.
MOMA

Anonym sa...

Hi Beate and beautiful family! Your children are all gorgeous! It is making me sad already that my 19 yr. old son isn't coming with us .. he is so excited about his new little sister! Beate, I am so psyched for you! Your happiness is beaming through your posts! I leave in 21 days! DID I TELL YOU ... I got an update that Lauren is in my agency's foster care program! News to us! Love from New Jersey! Barb (BarbLarr from Dec. LID Room)

Anonym sa...

Jeg leser og jeg leser til øyet blir stort og vått. Men som dine søstre sier så mangler det en tannrapport her. :)

Anonym sa...

Oh, my gud! Was für ein Wonneproppen....soooooo süss....
Geniesst diese ersten Tage in vollen Zügen bevor Ihr Euch auf die anstrengende Heimreise machen müust.
Alles Liebe, Feli