tirsdag 25. desember 2007

The Great Wall

 
Today half the family has been to the Great Wall. Yasmin and I have caught a cold and so we decided to stay at home and have a lazy day. I want to make sure she does not get a fever, even though I would have loved to go with the others to climb the wall again.
 
Ole, Max and Carina were amazed. They went all up to the highest point of the wall they could get. On the pictures you can see how steep it is. 100 and 100 of steps  - first up, then down again. I guess my choice of staying at home was not so bad at all considering that I had to carry Yasmin in the Ergo up all these steps.
 
After the Great Wall they went to a cloisonné factory to see how the Chinese make this extraordinary kind of art. If they make a vase, they first make a pattern of small bronze wires and paste it onto the vase. Then they fill the pattern with colors, layer by layer. In-between they place the vase several times in an oven to allow the layers to completely dry. Ole was so lucky that I haven't been with them, because I am sure I would have bought several cloisonne items.
 
During the families absence Yasmin and I had a little stroll to a shopping center. We bought some nice toys for her, had a stop at McDonalds so she could try her first French Fries and then we headed home. Back in the hotel room we had a 2 hours nap before the others came back.
 
Our guide has given me plenty of Chinese medicine again, both for me and Yasmin and I feel it really helps. It's just herbal stuff but i feel much better now.
 
And to finish yet another lazy day, I have to tell you Yasmin has started drinking. YEAH  Not much, but during a day she now drinks a little bottle of water. This is a good start. And another positive change, it took me only 10 minutes to get her to sleep this evening. I cuddled her in my arms and sang some German lullaby's and within 10 minutes she was asleep. I only hope she will not wake up again in 1 hour....
 
Now our days in China are soon over. On Friday we are heading back home. I really have to say I love China. The people, the country, the kindness and helpfulness. I wish I could come back many times, and hopefully we will. The kids are looking forward to get home. Max misses his football buddies and Carina wants to show Yasmin to her friends. We only need to have a real shopping day before we head home. And this will be tomorrow. I promised Carina.
 
I include some of today's pictures, but they are so self explained I do not comment them this time.
 
Have a lovely day.
 
 Beate
 


Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! MSN Messenger

Ingen kommentarer: